Thursday, November 27, 2008

We Can’t Know Where We Are Going Until We Know Where We’ve Been

So I figured I’d do a little introduction so we can all get acquainted. I was born and raised in a single-parent (my father died of cancer when I was quite young) middle class family in the 905, well, the 416 for the first 16 years (I’ll let you guys do the math on my age ;) ). I spent the next 7 years in London getting my degree in Engineering at Western and, scary as it was, entering the work force. Over the course of my career, I’ve also spent time in Barrie and a few years ago moved back to the 416.

Like all of you, I’ve faced many hardships along the way, many of which I’ll probably bring up over the course of time, which have shaped my view of the world. I’ve realized that political ideology can be a good guide, but we have to be pragmatic in many of our decisions. We might not like the choices we have infront of us, but sometimes we have to pick and even support something that might go against our idiocy because in that moment in time, it is the right thing to do.

I’ve associated myself with the Liberal Party and their idea’s for as long as I can remember. Though from time to time, I’ll admit, I found myself agreeing with the Tories (the red one’s at least) and have voted for other, smaller, parties I felt deserved my support during the times when a Liberal majority was assured.

Ever since the Dark (Blue) Ages set in, I’ve found myself coming back home and have recently begun being more active in the political process.

Now that you’ve got a little idea about where I’ve come from, I hope you come back to see where my thoughts go, hopefully giving you some insight from a POV you previously hadn’t considered, and maybe even an occasional chuckle.

No comments: